Diamonds are one of the most valuable and treasured possessions in the world of jewellery. They are known for their everlasting beauty and brilliance, often passed down from generation to generation. However, to ensure that your diamond jewellery remains as beautiful as the day you purchased it, it is essential to take proper care of it as it can last a lifetime with proper care and maintenance. In this blog, we’ll share some tips on how to take care of diamond jewellery and keep it shining for years to come.
1. Handle with Care
Diamonds are extremely hard and durable, but that does not mean they are invincible. They can still chip or crack if subjected to extreme force or pressure. It is important to handle your diamond jewellery with care, especially when putting it on or taking it off.
• Avoid wearing your diamond jewellery while doing activities that may cause damage, such as playing sports or doing manual labour.
• When handling your diamond jewellery, it’s important to be gentle and avoid bumping or knocking it against anything.
• We are watchful if you see rhodium on any particular prong losing its shine more than other prongs. It may so happen that some prongs of your jewellery are damaged. It may result in diamonds falling out of these prongs.
2. Store Properly
When not wearing your diamond jewellery, it is important to store it properly. Diamonds can scratch other jewellery or each other, so it is best to:
• keep them in separate compartments or pouches.
• You can also wrap each piece in a soft cloth or tissue paper to provide extra protection.
• Keep your diamond jewellery away from other objects that may scratch or damage them, such as metal or wood.
3. Clean Regularly
Diamonds can lose their sparkle over time due to the build-up of dirt and oil on the surface. Diamonds can lose their brilliance if they become dirty or covered in oil, lotion, or other substances. To keep your diamond jewellery looking its best, it is important to clean it regularly.
• You can use a mild soap and warm water to clean your diamond jewellery, or
• you can use a commercial jewellery cleaner explicitly designed for diamonds. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions when using a commercial cleaner.
• You can also use a soft-bristled toothbrush to gently scrub away any dirt or debris.
• Be sure to rinse the jewellery thoroughly and dry it with a soft cloth.
4. Avoid Chemicals
Diamonds are resistant to most chemicals, but they can still be damaged by some common household chemicals.
• Avoid exposing your diamond jewellery to chemicals such as chlorine, bleach, or ammonia, as they can discolour or damage the metal setting.
• Avoid wearing your diamond jewellery while swimming in chlorinated pools or hot tubs.
5. Get Regular Check-Ups
Finally, it is important to have your diamond jewellery checked regularly by a professional jeweller. They can inspect the setting and prongs to ensure they are secure and in good condition. If any repairs are needed, they can be made before the diamond becomes loose or falls out.
6. Get proper insurance cover
There are ways and means to ensure your beloved diamond jewellery. Despite taking all care, it may so happen that you end up with damaged jewellery in a domestic or external accident. In such a case insurance policies which cover these accidental losses can come very handy. And, you are just one mishap away from losing your prized possession forever- theft, snatching, housebreaking or natural calamities. A comprehensive policy is the need of the hour. There are a few professional and modern insurance players like Olocker (www.olocker.in) who are providing such services for quite some time with a proven track record of successful claims that can be looked into.
In conclusion, diamond jewellery is a valuable and cherished possession, and it is important to take proper care of it to keep it looking its best. By following these simple tips, you can ensure that your diamond jewellery remains as beautiful as the day you purchased it for years to come.